about me

My photo
near st. louis, mo, illinois, United States
I have been married to my best friend for over 23 years and have made a lifetime of memories with him. I am a SAHM to three nearly grown children. I try to spend my 'spare time' creating and preserving memories using photographs, when not out making more memories!

???

"What will you do with your time that's left??"

Thursday, February 26, 2009

february is nearly over!!

as i write this, it is the evening before my last day of day care as i have known it for the last ten years. i am downsizing at this point and will only care for one child. it was a difficult decision but one that needed to be made.

over the last ten years, i have held many babies, toddlers & children. i have been diagnosed with 2 herniated discs, carpal tunnel & tendonitis. i am about to the end of my pain levels {especially in my back!} i need to still have something for my family at the end of the day.

so after tomorrow, i get the job of going through ten years worth of day care supplies, toys, products, etc, etc, etc!! i will eventually re-gain my dining room {which it has NEVER been!} i will get some new organizational pieces for my scrap room {YEAH!!} and we will eventually get a main level sunroom instead of it being a play room {woo hoo!!}

it has been a wonderful journey, i have met so many wonderful families and been fortunate enough to care for many wonderful children. my first two children are nearly ten years-old. so difficult to believe that time has moved that quickly...

i will miss the children and the daily interactions with their parents. but, the good news is that the majority of them attend the same church with our family, so i will still get to see them. it will be good, just different.

in march, i begin more procedures/surgeries for my other leg {dealing with my varicose veins}. it should be do-able and i now know what to expect. i just hope that i can do the MANY things around the house that i am wanting to get done while recuperating from the 'leg stuff'.







i also am the guest design team member for the mosy scrapper in march. i received my kits and can i just say that they are chock FULL of stuff. i don't know how christa does it, but i have plenty to work with next month. make sure and check out the blog and message board {posted on my favorite blogs...}and if you want, join in. next month is the mosy scrapper's birthday month, there are going to be challenges, contests, rak's, and a weekend crop. don't miss out on the fun!!! when the kits became available online, i will post the contents {if i did it now, i might get my gdt spot taken away!! ;) }

don't forget to be DELIBERATE in what you say, think & do. i have been trying to live by that each day... also be deliberate about being grateful for the things that you have, experience, share, your family, friends, whatever.... have gratitude!!!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I can't wait to see what you design for this month. I am so excited that you will be our guest designer for this month. I will be excited to see you questions you have for us. Good luck with your semi retirement and your upcoming surgury.