about me

My photo
near st. louis, mo, illinois, United States
I have been married to my best friend for over 23 years and have made a lifetime of memories with him. I am a SAHM to three nearly grown children. I try to spend my 'spare time' creating and preserving memories using photographs, when not out making more memories!

???

"What will you do with your time that's left??"

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

subjectivity...

i have to admit, that sometimes it is difficult to do a project which is so much of yourself & submit it to a contest, challenge or whatever, to find out that a project by someone else is chosen. yours is a piece of you, theirs is a piece of them...why did someone else get chosen but not you??

it comes down to subjectivity! it all depends on what the other person is looking for. it does not mean that yours is not good enough. it just was not what they were looking for. i have said over and over, be true to yourself, do work that reflects who & what you are. at the end of the day, you have another project, either a layout, card, altered item, whatever~that is yours and no one can take it away from you!!

so today, when i am feeling like something that i did was not 'good enough,' i will remember that i was true to my creativity and i love my project even if someone did not choose it!! i know can say that once again, i made myself happy!!

No comments: