about me

My photo
near st. louis, mo, illinois, United States
I have been married to my best friend for over 23 years and have made a lifetime of memories with him. I am a SAHM to three nearly grown children. I try to spend my 'spare time' creating and preserving memories using photographs, when not out making more memories!

???

"What will you do with your time that's left??"

Monday, September 10, 2007

school of scraps challenge @ scrappin' with grace


i have joined another challenge and i must admit that i am quite excited about it. near the end of the challenge, all of the participants will be given the opportunity to apply for a design team submission. something to think about...

here is my first challenge for week #1, we were to make a layout and focus on one large letter of the alphabet, as well as a word that we would not normally use. i wanted to do a layout on my husband and children (family). so i selected several words and checked for synonyms. i LOVED the idea of the word prize, an anticipated reward or something of luck but something valued highly. that word totally described how i feel about david, and our children; joshua, caitlin & caleb. (plus the letter P is the first letter of our last name!!)

the layout contains the following:

*bazzil cardstocks
*wild asparagus patterned paper
*making memories paint
*transparency with journaling (printed on computer)
*chipboard
*ribbon
*carnival tickets

i love how it turned out... i am trying new things & i gotta say.... I LOVE IT!!

1 comment:

Julie said...

This is really good. I love your P your letter that that is. The tickets are very cool and to come up with the whole prize thing I gotta say very creative. If I was grading you A+++++