about me

My photo
near st. louis, mo, illinois, United States
I have been married to my best friend for over 23 years and have made a lifetime of memories with him. I am a SAHM to three nearly grown children. I try to spend my 'spare time' creating and preserving memories using photographs, when not out making more memories!

???

"What will you do with your time that's left??"

Saturday, September 8, 2007

Scrapbook LifeStyle NORA GRIFFIN challenge




the following is a layout that i did for the stamping challenge by Nora Griffin. the photos are from several visits with my aunt who is in a convalescent center because she has alzheimer's.the photos are of my aunt (which is my dad's older sister) and my mom (who is her sister-in-law) it was difficult to actually do the layout as it does bring up memories. she has always been and still is so sweet, she just doesn't always know us. the layout uses stamping on the layout and second-chance stamping where i stamped and cut out the images.

the layout consists of:
*bazzil cardstock & bazzil shaped cardstock
*daisy d's patterned paper
*making memories paint
*making memories brads
*random buttons from stash
*stamps are from autumn leaves, technique tuesday,justrite stampers & heidi swapp
i also stitched the pictures to the cardstock & have a secret journaling spot to hold a personal note

thanks nora for pushing me to new levels of scrapbooking & for doing a much needed layout to chronicle a remarkable woman in our family's life.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Very good pictures of your Aunt. Love the paint around the photos it just makes them pop and buttons gotta love the buttons. I hope you win. WTG.